Feb 7, 2011

two things in my mind.

heyya! it's been quite a while since I've posted some really good, meaningful things here, isn't it? ah feel bad nih. oh no. you know what, lately, I've been using, speaking and listening to broken english. not good. not good. oh swell. there are two things I wanna share, though. I'll try to make it short and simple.

firstly, as you can see, I got a part time job now at one of the fast food company. better not say the name, though. NOT because I'm going to say something bad, but it just somewhat for the sake of privacy. anyway. yea, been working there for .. around two months now. since I'm working mainly in the front counter, I happened to meet many different type of customers. some are terribly nice, and some are.. yea.. annoying. and guess what, a customer did successfully made me cried one time. but of course he didn't know. and I was in a bad mood anyway that day, so no wonder I cried. but it only happened once, though. then I started to analyze the customers, and learn from what happen. for example, when they're angry/mad at you, don't take it personally. it's not your personality that they hate, but since you're the crew, they should complaint to you. who else could they complaint to? and when sometimes they became very angry because they have waited too long for their food, maybe they're in a rush. maybe they have to go somewhere more important than just buying their lunch. so we can't blame them entirely for being impatient.
but then, when a customer gave you a compliment on how polite you are, or even the smallest, thrilling thing that came out from your manager's mouth, man, it really cheer up your whole day. big time. then, I shared this experience to a good friend of mine, one night. and while chatting with him, I suddenly typed: but well, I think this is how our mentality is being challenged. how can we handle ourself when bad things happen, and in someway, it kinda prepare us to face the real world. not everyone is as thoughtful as your mother nor as nice as your best friend. they could be cruel and hurt you. this is just a way for us to learn again and again, and to prepare for the worst that yet to come in the future. another thing on the side, I also think that this is how we could train our persistence as well. when things were though, will you handle it, or bail out straight away? yea. many lessons. see, I'm blabbing much.


second of all. argh. so lazy to discuss about this, actually. I don't want to create any misleading post or any controversial one. but yes I have to say that I am terribly sad, not just sad, but also upset and muak, distressed, knocked over, disrupt, you name it, with the accident that just happened in indo. I think it was just 2 days ago. where two different groups of the same religion, had a clash and 3 or 4 people died because of that. the meanest thing is what I saw in the video. I regret it until this minute that I watched that video front to back. start till the end. it was just crazy, man. I can't describe it. I really don't suggest you to watch if you can't handle brutality. let say group X is against group Y, and group X is "winning". I saw 2 of group Y's members was .. I don't know wether it's lying or not, on the ground, dead already, I think, and X members are still hitting them with rocks and bat, once at a time. I saw how hard the hit time. can't imagine how it felt. IT WAS CRUEL. it was BRUTAL and BARBARIC. it REALLY was. the victim didn't move already. didn't move a bit when they hit them. so I suspect they're dead already. you want to know why it happened? it was just because group Y is having a meeting and group X didn't like it. group X wanted them to stop the meeting immediately and go away but group Y resisted. that's when the clash began and people are being injured until some are dead. I think that's ridiculous how
a. the government didn't do anything significant immediately regarding to this problem
b. the police, JUST ONE POLICEMAN, in the video didn't do anything, he just shouted: enough, stop! enough.. (and were just walking around) but people are still hitting them anyway
c. how old-fashioned the way some people still think and act even in this modern era.

it's ridiculous. it's more than that. it's sickening. it doesn't make any sense. they believe in the same religion, for God's sake. the only difference is the way they praise God. I could never stop thinking about this: even though there are different religions, but don't we praise and believe in the same God? the only thing that makes the difference is the WAY we praise Him. isn't it ironic how people want to show that their way is the BEST WAY meanwhile the object, the One that we praise, is THE SAME? it just doesn't make sense to me. I would never understand how these people think.

oh well. this accident has upset me already. better do something even more positive. I really hope by writing this harmless, so-many-grammar-errors yet straightforward post, I could at least change or influenced how some people think in the future. I just hope.

vania

No comments: