Jun 7, 2010

Love and other disasters




It turns out that watching movie trailers on iTunes gives back something good, actually. couple of weeks ago I got bored (and yet with loads of assignments) and so I started to watch trailer on iTunes. on comedy, or romance, or comedy romance, of course. some movies are great which I already put on my movie-to-watch list. some are amazingly doubtful, very not recommended to watch. but this one, is quite interesting. watched the trailer, liked it,  put it on my list, finally watch it, love it. starring (late) Brittany Murphy, with good plot, great casting, great movie! 

basically it's about love. how can we know if we have found our true love and stuff. with plenty of funny lines, of course. I can see that Murphy's character, Emily Jackson, is really influenced by Audrey Hepburn. they mentioned Breakfast at Tiffany's twice during the movie, and there are lots of Hepburn fashion items. such as capri pants, gloves, french coats, and the very stunning LBD (little black dress). how can I know so much about Hepburn? I just recently googled her too much. had a design report on her :P

about the story it self, there are some interesting point of views, actually. for example, what if true love is a conspiracy? it's actually a questionable thing, but the movie and music industry made it seems so real. what if all this time people are chasing for something that didn't really exist? but then, in the end of the movie, they answer it with this. maybe you shouldn't just wait and hope that your true love will come to you, and believe everything will just fall perfectly to pieces. maybe you should change that hope into an action. maybe true love is actually a decision. your decision. to give someone a chance not knowing wether they're the one or if they're going to hurt you. in other words, give love a chance.

different interpretation of love appears in this movie. it's good to have different perspective. oh! one of the funny lines,
Emily: I want to wake up and feel in love! you know, dizzy, feverish, and nauseous!
Peter: That's not love, that's the flu.

lol. complete with the intriguing British accent (yes, I have a thing with this noxious British accent), I rate 4/5 for this movie. I don't know why, I just love this kind of movie. it's different with those hollywood cliche, you know. this is smart script writing. just watch it yourself and you'd know what I mean. am not exaggerating!

been sick all day. sick of this headache! I always have this irritating headache every morning just the moment after I wake up. make me want to chop off my neck and trade it with the anti-headache one. so I just lie down and eat on bed all day, watching stuff on screen. but it's getting better now after I took a good warm shower. had planned what I'm going to do for the rest of the week during the shower :P 

happy monday!

.van!

No comments: